Opportunity to join a dynamic management team and work directly with the executives of a financially strong and growing company in the Livingston County area.
The Senior Human Resource Specialist is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties on a professional level and work closely with the Human Resources Manager, Corporate Human Resources staff, and plant supervisors and managers. This position has responsibility for non-exempt recruiting and onboarding and works to ensure positive employee relations, and is also involved in training, policy implementation, affirmative action, and employment law.
Core Competencies and knowledge:
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Hiring & Orientation Process
- Worker Compensation & Claims Management
- Employee Retention
- Employment Law
- Organizational Change Management
- Benefits (FMLA, STD, ADA) Administration
- RPM or HRIS Software Training
- Maintain the confidentiality of employee information, company information, records, and related issues in accordance with all the applicable laws.
- Administration of all employee transfers, leave of absence, change of status and change of employee information.
- Collection of new hire information for payroll, entering information into the HRIS system and the timekeeping system.
- Filing of documents pertaining to employee personnel files, medical files, and worker compensation files.
- Responsible for all contract job bidding procedures, including job bid postings, shift preferences, changes in shift start times.
- Answering and assisting employees and agencies with employment and wage verification forms and questions.
- Communication with employees about any issues, questions, and concerns. As well, as posting notice of all communication throughout the plant.
- Answering all incoming calls for the Human Resources Department and directing employees, vendors, and public to the appropriate person or answering questions if possible.
- Administration of all employee benefits, including: Health Insurance,401K/RRSP/Pension, Company Life Insurance, Vacation.
- Four year College Degree preferred
- Five years’ experience in Human Resources
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and associates.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
Please send resumes by Clicking Here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, protected status or status as an individual with a disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.